Welcome to our one bedroom Cottage
Visit England 5* Award and Trip Adviser Certificate of Excellence Award 2017
‘The Borrowers’ is £110 per night or £550 per week.
Please note that from 1st January 2019 the price will increase to £120 per night or £600 per week
Children under two and all pets welcome
When I was a child ‘The Borrowers’ were one of my favourite sets of books. Telling the story and following the adventures of the Clock family: Pod, Homily and Arrietty, the primary theme of the books is the interaction between the tiny Clock Family and the ‘human beans’ who share their homes. I like to think that this cottage allows our guests to have their own interactions and adventures here at Olde Farm. I thus ‘borrowed’ their name for the theme of the cottage and you will find lots of clocks and other time related items in the rooms. You will also find a set of the novels if you wish to reacquaint yourselves with the books (or indeed discover them for the first time) whilst you curl up on the sofa or sit out in the garden. Enjoy!!
The Borrowers offers high levels of quality in a luxury oak furnished and well equipped cottage. There is a Smart TV with SkyTV and Boxsets, a Blue Ray DVD player, panasonic sound system – or you can choose your own choice of music via Alexa and Amazon Prime, ceramic hob, granite worktops, combination microwave, full sized electric oven, fridge, freezer, Nespresso coffee maker, slow cooker, food mixer, blenders/choppers and laundry facilities. There are facilities for you to make everything from a simple toasted sandwich to a full roast lunch – but with excellent local pubs serving delicious food you might just want to relax and take a break from cooking. With underfloor heating in the living room and bathroom we make sure you are cosy on the cold evenings and there is also a fabulous ‘log’ fire to sit by in the evenings together with an independent thermostatically controlled electric radiator in the bedroom. In the en-suite bathroom you will find a luxury free standing deep bath with waterfall tap to soak away the strains at the end of the day and a separate double power shower cabinet to wake you up in the mornings if you can tear yourself away from the depths of the super kingsize bed and the snugness of the duvet. There are complimentary toiletries for you to use and we always have a stock of spare disposable toothbrushes, toothpaste, razors and shaving foam, etc should you forget to bring yours – just ask. We make sure that the bird feeders outside the cottage are well stocked for our regular feathered visitors – sparrows, swifts, yellow hammers, all manner of tits, collared doves, wood pigeons, gold finches, wood peckers and robins and you will also find various additional feeding stations dotted around the gardens. Pheasants, rabbits and Muntjack Deer often visit and wander around the garden and the resident moorhens and ducks raise their broods in the floating houses on the pond. Oh and do look out for the owls at dusk as they emerge – magical!
The Borrowers is ideal for couples and babies and toddlers are welcome – we can provide a cot and highchair – but as there is only one bedroom it is not suitable for older children. It has the facility to be booked alongside the main house (not Tourist Board Rated) and The Bee’s Knees (4* Gold rated) offering accommodation for larger groups. We also positively welcome your pets, of any kind, at all our cottages.
In a nutshell The Borrowers consists of:
- Rooms – 1 bedroom, 1 en-suite bathroom with free standing bath and separate shower cubicle, large vaulted kitchen/diner/living room
- Luxuries – Smart TV with Sky TV and Boxsets, BluRay/DVD player, surround sound theatre system, Panasonic Sound System, Alexa and Amazon Prime, ‘log effect’ gas stove
- General – Central heating, Telephone, Free Wi-Fi
- Standard – Kettle, Toaster, Iron & Ironing Board, Hair Dryer, Nespresso Coffee Maker, Slow Cooker, Toasted Sandwich Maker, Smoothie Maker/Blender, Kenwood Chef food mixer
- Utilities – Dishwasher, Ceramic Hob, Fan Oven, Combination Microwave, Fridge and separate Freezer, Washing machine
- Furniture – Super King Bed, Cots, Dining seats for 2, Sofa and seats for 4
- Other – Hypoallergenic Duvet/Pillows and all Linen provided, Towels provided, High chair
- Outdoors – Private decked patio, Private Garden Area, Dedicated BBQ, Garden Table and Chairs, Umbrella, Swing Seat, bicycles available, Communal Gardens with gazebos, swing seats, picnic tables and a BBQ hut
- Access – Dedicated parking for several cars