Welcome to our two bedroom Cottage
Visit England 4* Gold Award and Trip Adviser Certificate of Excellence Awards 2017, 2018, 2019 & 2020
‘The Bee’s Knees’ is £115 per night or £575 per week for a maximum of four people.
Children of all ages and all your pets welcome
Accessibility Guide: https://www.accessibilityguides.org/content/olde-farm-holiday-cottages-bees-knees
When we moved into Olde Farm in 2014 and were discussing our ideas for how we wanted it to look with the builders they said “When it is finished it will be the bees knee’s!” This was also a favourite saying of my Dad when he saw something that he particularly liked. Serendipity! Thus the Bees Knee’s was named and the theme for decoration chosen. Today you will find all manner of things in the cottage that are bee related, I can never pass a shop if I spot something that we have not already bought, and we have found that our guests especially enjoy trying to count exactly how many different kinds of bees and bee items they can spot! We are always delighted to be pointed in the direction of new objects – so if you spot something whilst out exploring Norfolk, please tell me!
The Bees Knee’s offers high levels of quality and is comfortably furnished and well equipped. It includes a Smart TV with SkyTV and Boxsets, a Blue Ray DVD player, Roberts sound system – or you can choose your own choice of music via Alexa and Amazon Prime. In the kitchen area you will find a ceramic hob, granite worktops, Butlers sink, combination microwave, full sized electric fan oven and grill, fridge, freezer, coffee maker, food mixer, slow cooker, blenders and laundry facilities and we feel sure the cottage will easily meet your requirements. There are facilities for you to make everything from a simple toasted sandwich to a full roast lunch – but with excellent local pubs serving delicious food you might just want to relax and take a break from cooking. Heating wise, both bedrooms, the hall and the living area have independently controlled electric radiators. The bedrooms which are ‘cozy’ in size have velux windows with blackout blinds and built in wardrobes. The single beds in the twin room can be pushed together to make a kingsize bed for adults. The bathroom has a sink and a full size bathtub with an electric shower over and there is a separate toilet with another full size sink. We can provide a travel cot, high chair, toilet step, potty and changing mat to save you having to pack these – there is also a good selection of bath toys available to keep the little ones amused. There are complimentary toiletries in the bathrooms for you to use if you wish and we always have a stock of spare disposable toothbrushes, toothpaste, razors and shaving foam, etc should you forget to bring yours – just ask.
The Bees Knee’s is ideal for couples and families and has the facility to be linked to the main house (not Visit England Rated) and can also be booked alongside the other cottage, The Borrowers (5* Gold Visit England rated), offering accommodation for larger groups. We especially welcome your pets of all kinds. There are books, games and DVDs together with a large toy box to keep the little ones (or the adults) amused in the evenings.
In a nutshell the cottage consists of:
- Rooms – Entrance hall, landing, 2 bedrooms – 1 double, 1 twin; 1 bathroom with full size tub with electric shower over and a separate toilet with full size wash basin. Beamed kitchen/diner/sitting room. Pantry
- Luxuries – Sky TV, Smart TV, BluRay/DVD player/Roberts Sound System, Alexa and Amazon Prime, ‘log effect’ gas wood burner stove
- General – Central heating, Telephone, Wi-Fi,
- For children: Toy box, cot with linens, stair gates, baby monitor, high chair, changing mats and spares of food, comforters, bottles and bibs
- Standard – Kettle, toaster, Nespresso coffee machine, iron & ironing board, , slow cooker, Kenwood Chef food mixer, blenders, smoothie maker, mini chopper, toasted sandwich maker, hair dryers in both bedrooms
- Utilities – Dishwasher, Ceramic Hob, Convection Oven and Grill, combination Microwave, Fridge and separate Freezer, Washing machine, Clothes Dryer
- Furniture – Single beds (2), Double beds (1), Cots (1), Dining seats for 4, Sofa and Chairs for 5, Coffee table, toy box, high chair
- All Egyptian cotton bed linens and towels are provided,
- Outdoors – paved Patio with outdoor dining furniture and bench, dedicated BBQ, bicycles available, a dedicated garden and outdoor children’s play area with Wendy House, climbing frame, swings, trampoline, ‘lookout’ , gazebo and also large shared communal gardens with two gazebos, swing seat, picnic tables, and the BBQ hut
- Access – Dedicated parking for several cars