This Risk Assessment has been carried out following the guidelines on the HSE (Health and Safety Executive) web site www.hse.gov.uk
Assessment carried out by: Dalene & Alex Loyd
Date assessment was carried out: 8th June 2020. Updated 31st March 2021
- Contamination of the site by guests who are asymptomatic or who develop symptoms while in situ.
- Transmission of the virus between guests or between guests and contractors/suppliers.
Who is at Risk?
- Other guests on site or with subsequent bookings, particularly the elderly or those with underlying health conditions.
- Maintenance Contractors and their immediate families, particularly if they care for relatives who are elderly or have underlying health conditions.
- The wider public locally.
Actions to Control Risk
Anybody who is exhibiting symptoms or who has any reason to believe they may have come into contact with the virus up to 14 days prior to their booking must follow the Government instruction to self-isolate and follow NHS guidelines. Therefore, they should not arrive on site.
Anybody in one of the vulnerable groups identified by the Government should follow Government advice to self-isolate, they can contact Holiday Lettings/Airbnb/Booking.com for help and advice with their booking. They should not arrive on site.
Contractors who are exhibiting symptoms or who have any reason to believe they may have come into contact with the virus within the previous 14 days should not come on site and they should follow NHS guidelines.
We will ask guests to follow guidelines on social distancing. Olde Farm has only two cottages, and is set in approximately 1 acres of gardens, with both dedicated and shared garden spaces and a large childrens playground. It is relatively easy for guests to avoid contact with each other. It is also possible to have a relaxing holiday without leaving the site.
Guests should arrange where possible for their initial major groceries shop to be delivered to their cottage to avoid multiple trips to the supermarket. This service may be available via the local shops if supermarket slots are unavailable. Please check with the large chains for available slots.
Guests are advised that although most restaurants should be open for alfresco dining there may be severely restricted opportunities to eat indoors at this time and they should be prepared to fully self-cater. However several local pubs and cafes are doing take away and/or deliveries – ask for details.
We will provide additional cleaning materials for guests to clean shared spaces, eg the picnic tables/swing/bbq hut/gazebo etc during their stay.
Implement Changes to cleaning policy
We always strive to maintain extremely high standards of cleanliness at Olde Farm and have consistently scored 100% in our VisitEngland inspections. Under normal conditions we also strive to maintain high standards of sustainability, however, we recognise that at this time some sustainable/eco practices will need to be compromised. For example, washing and reusing cleaning cloths and using mostly natural cleaning products. We promise to resume these practices as soon as it is safe to do so however for the duration of the Corvid-19 outbreak we have decided to adopt the cleaning practices and products recommended by Public Health England (PHE) for Cleaning in Non-Healthcare Settings https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/covid-19-decontamination-in-non-healthcare-settings/covid-19-decontamination-in-non-healthcare-settings
As guests may not exhibit symptoms until after they return home, we will treat every clean as if the guests had potentially been infected. Therefore, we will:
- Use disposable cloths and mop heads.
- Clean with diluted chlorine bleach.
- Pay particular attention to frequently touched surfaces such as door handles and handrails.
- Reduce the amount of soft furnishings provided so that we can rotate them and allow 72hrs for potential virus to die before they are returned to a property.
To Protect ourselves we will:
- Delay cleaning until the property has been vacant for 48 hours where possible.
- Always wear rubber gloves and plastic aprons.
- Ask guests to strip their own beds and put used linen in bags provided.
- Ask guests to empty all bins and place tied bags into the external waste bins.
- All waste will be double bagged.
This policy will be reviewed monthly until the Government advises that the Covid-19 threat has passed.