Guests at The Bees Knees and The Borrowers will know that we have always included a welcome jar of doggie biscuits and also how much I enjoy baking. The treats have gone down very well with our furry guests and so I thought why not combine my two loves and make my own. I realise that you may not be visiting us here at Olde Farm for a little while, but are are you perhaps thinking what a nice treat it would be for your dog? Maybe even get the children involved with making some – an excellent idea for a rainy day? This is the recipe I shall be using and will post pictures once I have made my first batch tomorrow.
Homemade Dog Biscuits Recipe
- 350 grams whole wheat flour (substitute regular flour or oats if your dog is sensitive to wheat)
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp Beef or chicken bouillon or stock
- ½ cup hot water
- Oats, shredded cheese, bacon bits, shredded chicken
- Preheat your oven to 200°c.
- Dissolve your bouillon or stock into the hot water.
- Add in the remaining ingredients, including any optional extras, and mix until a dough is formed.
- Knead dough until it forms a ball. (approximately 3 minutes)
- Roll out the dough evenly, until ½ inch thick.
- Cut into slices, or shape as you like! (Please bear in mind, for larger shapes you will need to adjust cooking times accordingly)
- Place dough pieces on lightly greased baking tray.
- Cook in the centre of the oven for 30 minutes.